Breaking it Down

 


This question scares me, I think I know what it could mean but I could also be so easily wrong. So I think the best way for me to understand the question is to break it down, each word trying to understand what it means in a greater background of the question.

I started by creating a mind map off of the question, focusing on different parts of the question and either comparing them or seeing what they could mean. Looking at the question this way was a good way for me to begin to understand it and try and work out what exactly I need to do to answer it. Looking at the question I now think that the best way to answer it is to compare how two things happen and what exactly the difference between them is, along with this I really like the idea of looking further into the idea of RULES within the creative world focusing especially on Graphic Design. I think I could look at the rules that have been used in different art movements and then try and find ways in which they were broken by designers, this could be interesting because then I could try and keep to these rules and see if they impact my work in any way.

I also looked at trying to rewrite the question to try and help me understand it further, this helped in simplifying it however I don't think it helped me as much as the mind map did. If I was to try and combine the two parts back together I could have my question be;

 THERE ARE SET WAYS OF WORKING BUT HOW DO THESE CHANGE THE WAY WE WORK

I just don't think this new question helps as much as I thought it would, but I will try and keep it in mind during the project to see if it helps further down the line. 

For the next few days, I want to now research into RULES that are used within Graphic Design, these could include anything but I think it will be useful to see how many RULES I can find.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Grids

Analysing Myself

Starting Somewhere?