Drawing Part 2



In my drawing practice I am now still working on the human anatomy, still focusing on the hand, within these pages there are some good drawings of the hand but I'm still not that happy with it, it feels a bit too round and cartoony not really what I wanted. But maybe this is what I should be trying to look for, not creating something real and life like but more what I am comfortable drawing and creating in my own style. Something that I am HAPPY with, not something I think other people will like.

Taking this idea I then decided that it may be better for me just to doodle, so I did that and let myself just draw what came to into my head. I feel this is where I have made a bit of a breakthrough in my drawing technique, while I still think its a bit amateur, I just need to keep drawing to improve this!, I feel my confidence in myself is beginning to grow and I trust myself more to be able to transfer what I am thinking down onto the page. 



 This small doodle of someone shouting "I JUST WANT TO SLEEP" came from me thinking about all those times its taken me a long time to fall asleep and the anger that comes when it just doesn't work. I think this is one of the best drawings I have done so far in my "quest" to become better at drawing, the man actually looks like someone rather than a circle and few sticks and the type works really well with it. This is what practice can do when you want to improve, I am now seeing actual improvement in my work and its really nice to see it happen right before my eyes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Grids

Analysing Myself

Starting Somewhere?