Creating my own Manifesto

 Having read all these rule books, manifestos, looking into my own methodologies and attempting to improve my own drawing skills I have decided to try and create my own Manifesto for how I feel we should create Graphic Design and what a Graphic Designer should be when it comes to their own work. I got this idea especially from the "365 rules for Graphic Design" book as I felt that when reading it that it was attempting to box us in and tell us by creating these rules upon rules that we have to follow, this was when I started to think about why we actually need them and that there aren't really any of these rule books for artists and painters so why should we be different. 

Maybe our best designs can come from having no rules at all, just being able to create our own designs that we want to. 



I found this website from a college in America that outlines how to write a manifesto and what points to follow when writing it, some of the most interesting points they outline are that a manifesto is really about something that I believe in. Thinking about what I want my manifesto to be about I defiantly believe in the idea of designers being able to be as creative as possible and be able to create something new. 


I think the most important part about writing a manifesto is making sure I believe in what I want to write, what I need to do next is to do what the points suggest. I will write down points that I want to focus on and then from there hopefully be able to better understand what the manifesto will be about, if it is correct for the audience and if my points are worth writing down in this format.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Grids

Analysing Myself

Making something?