Making something?

I know now that I want to create a hand book that I can use in the future that reminds me that its okay to mess up, be doubtful but ultimately that only I know how to create. However I need to first know what this is going to look like and how it will work, like in my other projects I found that sketching out initial designs helped a-lot to first starting thinking about how the design and item is actually going to look like and secondly to start on it otherwise it would take me too long to do this.



These sketches were really useful as straight away you could see I was leaning more toward the idea of the type taking up the entire page, filling it with what I need to remind myself is okay. Rather than keeping that important part small and out of the way on the page. I especially like it when the number is large on the page with the type near it, it works pretty well and helps to remind myself that these rules are important for me to remember.

I took this idea of the large number on the page and simulated it at a larger size to see what it could look like. I really like the look of it especially when it is really large like in the second picture where the number goes off the page, along with this I tested the numbers together to see if I could make this work with bigger numbers like "12" just incase I needed that many numbers. Luckily it does work quite well so I think I will be moving forward with this idea. 


One thing I really like with this design is the hand drawn numbers, so I decided to test these to see how they could look. However looking at them now I'm not sure they are going to work as well and I think I will just create the pages digitally as it will be easier for me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Grids

Analysing Myself