Allowing myself to think and be myself

 Because I know I want this handbook to be for myself and to help me understand how I am creative and approach a project I think I need to write down exactly what I want to include in the book as the "rules", I want them to be partially about my way of approaching a project and how I am creative. I also want to include some reminders to myself as I think they will be helpful, throughout this project I've been very doubting of myself and I want to at least remind myself that this is okay and everything I am doing is correct and works for me.

Rules for the book

1# Gain a base level of understanding, dissect the problem bit by bit until you understand it. 

2# Always use mindmaps of lists to get ideas out and into the open, don't be afraid of an idea.

3# Research in-depth, keep looking deeper and deeper into something until you think you have everything then look again.

4# Take inspiration from anything, look at books, the internet, film, and tv. Anywhere you can find inspiration use it.

5# Draw when researching, it helps to improve your ideas and to gain greater understanding.

6# Experiment, just create and don't worry about the outcome.

7# Get your hands dirty, not everything needs to be perfect, try to create things by hand.

8# Sketches are your way of thinking, do as many as you need.

I could only really write 8 rules for myself and while I like them I'm not too sure it's exactly what I want to go for. I think it would work a bit better if it was more positive and reminder-ie for me. Because I am basically making this for myself I want it to benefit me the most, so I will rewrite them to be a bit more like this.

Reminders for the book

1# Research but don't focus entirely on it

2# Get your hands dirty use all the materials

3# Draw as much as possible don't rely on digital

4# It's okay not to like something

5# Experiemtn with everything, experimentation is the best

6# You are not going to be amazing straight away

7# Do what you want to do

8# Trends aren't always the best

These new rules/reminders work better for me, I think these are things that I will always want to remind myself about and to try and follow to become and be what I want to be as a designer. Now that I have these I can start to design the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Grids

Analysing Myself

Making something?