Finishing my book

To create the book I took the pages for the book and started by creating the background using the water and crepe paper technique to produce it, once this was sorted and dried I then decided that it would be best to create the pages of the book with screen print as I know this best and understand how to use it effectivly. Along with this I decided to have the type in the book to be written with my label maker, firstly because I like the way it looks and I think it connects well to this idea of this being personal as I would be doing this myself rather than having done with type which while written by me it still has this form of disconnect that I dont really like.



These are the practice prints I started with for the book, I really like this look of these huge numbers that fill up the page I think it looks really good.



This is the final book, the most obvious thing with this book is the big rips in the pages along the numbers, this happened when I put the book in a book press without fully allowing the ink to dry meant these pages stuck together and the only way I could seperate them was by ripping it apart. At the time I felt this was a massive mistake and absoutly ruined the book however now when looking over it again I really like this look and even decided to add at the end of the book "stuff goes wrong, so what?" as I really like the look of the book now. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Grids

Analysing Myself

Making something?