Making Something...

I now know how I want the book pages to look I now need to work out how I will bind it and produce it as this could quite easily change how I want the design to look. The first way I thought about binding would be with screw posts, I learned about this sort of binding in the third year and I know it's pretty easy to do and not much waiting around for glue to dry straight so this could work quite well.


Along with this, it makes quite a nice book however, I think I want to go for more of an interesting look for the book. While this makes it look good I just don't think it's interesting enough nor would it be easy for me to quickly look at. I like this idea of being able to quickly look at all these reminders I've written for myself when I need the reminder, the way I could do this is with something that folds out. So I would be able to flick between the pages and fold it out to see all the reminders/rules in one go, I just think it would look better and work better for the design. 


I did start by folding up an A3 sheet imagining that I could fold it all out as a poster however I messed it up and started making this long sheet that folded out to form a long piece of paper, I really like the way this looks and I think it would work really well for my book design. I also tested out to see how the numbers would work on the paper, with them having breaks in the gaps or one after the other and I definitely prefer it when the numbers are closer which also cuts down on how long it will be. 


Before making this book I had used this technique to make a really interesting background for a poster, this was created using crepe paper and water that ran the ink onto the paper. It made this really unique and interesting pattern on the paper that I felt would work really well for the book as a background to the design, I did some tests on the paper and it looks really good I think it will work really well in the book as its something that has been made with my hands and because the book is so personal this will connect well to the idea of the book.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Grids

Analysing Myself

Making something?