My Past Projects - Part 2

 Instead of just looking back at projects that I really like I need to also look back at projects I am not so proud of, I think this is where I can learn the most about myself and see exactly where I feel I went wrong or maybe where I didn't go wrong. A project that I certainly want to forget is from my second year called Ethical Design, in this project we were tasked with creating something that responded to something we believed in. I want to look back at this project and see where I went wrong and what I feel I could have done differently now.


I did before looking at the research folder for this project think that the problem with this project was the research however when looking over it again I'm not sure the research is what let me down, I think the research is pretty strong yes there could have been some more bits added to it but its still pretty good. What I notice again is my affinity for using mindmaps and lists as they littered throughout the project again, this really does help me. Another thing I noticed in this project is that I look at lots of different books and designs in my research, I think this helps me a lot to understand how to approach a project to be able to see all the other designs, from looking at the other project I did this too while only looking at the Guardians advertising it still obviously helped me to get into the right frame of mind for producing something.

        
I think what really brought this project down was the sheer lack of initial designs when compared to what I saw in my previous project, in that I created loads of initial designs that I think helped me a lot to produce a strong piece of design. However here I think I jumped ahead too quickly and didn't consider all the other options I could have gone for. The initial design period allows me to quickly try lots and lots of different styles and ideas without that much worry, however here I didn't really do this.

Another thing that I did notice was that both this project and the one I looked at previously is there is a very clear and defined way that I approach and complete a project, it goes like this;
This seems to be the way I always approach a project and complete a project, following these steps in most projects. Maybe I learned this through practice, through having done these long-form briefs for about 7 years now having done graphic design in college and university, and even a bit in secondary school beforehand. It is interesting knowing that having done this amount of practice I now have this perfect way to produce and work to a brief that I know and works for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Grids

Analysing Myself

Making something?